Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 2 - Marshalls, Kirkland's and Sam's Club





Yesterday, I scoured Kirkland's, Marshalls, and Sam's Club. With only people on a list and no particular gifts in mind, it was a bit of a random adventure.

Marshalls yielded one tiny gift for my brother-in-law.

Kirkland's gave me nothing. There were cute zebra pillows my nieces would love, but shipping or stowing these in a car would be impractical.

Sam's Club gave me several ideas. For one thing, I noticed that you can get packages of iTunes gift cards there at a discount. They also had lots of pretty jewelry at a wide range of prices. I snapped a picture of one case as an example.



I found one item I actually wanted to buy on the spot - for myself: a Virginia Tech football jersey with diamonds across the front and a shapely cut. The odd thing about this is that I don't care anything about Virginia Tech football. I don't dislike it, but I don't get into it. I just liked the idea of wearing that glamorous football jersey to impress my football-loving hubby and friends. Maybe I should go back and get it???

I decided to leave the iTunes gift cards there and come back to fetch them later. The lines were unbelievably long on this Friday afternoon.

On Day 3, I need to get started on my handmade gift. Last year, this was a big secret, because my mom was reading the blog and it was for her. This year, I'm just going to say what it is, because it's something I'll probably do every year. My big handmade gift is a giant scrapbook of "Estrogen Week," which is a week-long all-girl vacation at my mom's house near the beach for the ladies in our family. Last year's book took me forever to finish. The year before that, when Christmas in August had not yet occurred to me, I was still working on it on Christmas Eve!  This year I'm hoping to do something with it every single day.

Here are a few pictures of last year's scrapbook:






TALLY:
1 gift for 1 son
1 tiny item for brother-in-law
lots of gift bags for neighbors and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment