Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 21: Nose to the Grindstone

Today, I made up for the two days of not working at all on my handmade Christmas project and spent at least three hours...it may have been five...I lost track...working diligently. There is still lots more to do on this gift, and I'm having serious doubts about my ability to finish by August 31. Nonetheless, progress is being made, and even if I fall short on August 31, there is no law that says I can't finish it after that golden date. I'm still holding out hope that it will be finished on time!

I didn't do any Christmas shopping today for my final two recipients, but I did open up a package from Macy's that contained three presents. Let me tell you, it is worth the $6 per order (not per box) to add gift boxes to your shopping bag. In other words, my order included three items, so the $6 covered the cost of three gift boxes. They are lovely and come with tissue paper and red ribbon.

Macy's gift box
Macy's sticker on tissue paper inside
Here's what the box looks
like when it is closed and tied.
Pretty!
Let's wrap today up with a look at my pumpkin spice latte, shall we?

Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea
makes pumpkin spice lattes
year-round. Perfect!

TALLY:
Friends & Family: 16 of 18, CHECK!
10 Neighbors: CHECK!
45 Piano Students: CHECK!
Charitable Giving: 4.5 out of 6, CHECK!
Stockings: CHECK!
Handmade Gift: 3 hours on it today! (9 hours spent total)
70 Christmas Cards: ORDERED!

No comments:

Post a Comment