Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 25-31 - OVERTIME and Neighbor Gifts

Announcement: I didn't make it. I've gotten a bunch of Christmas shopping done, but I have not finished. Bummer! It couldn't be helped. There were other projects going on simultaneously as well as unexpected travel and difficulty this month. I just need more time.

NEW DEADLINE FOR 2013: SEPTEMBER 15

Last year, my wonderful neighbors got mini leg lamp nightlights and Christmas kitchen towels. This year, they're all getting a loaf of fabulous cream cheese pound cake. I make this every year for my own family, and it's the best pound cake ever. I bought some extra loaf pans to go with the ones I already have for faster baking.


THE SCRAPBOOK

Here's what I've done with the big scrapbook project in the last few days. Found some cute embellishments at the craft store, and finished two more pages. I'm showing just enough of the pages to give you an idea of what I'm doing.



I stalled on my nieces' charm necklaces because the jump rings (you jewelry makers know what these are) I had were so small they were difficult to work with. I bought some bigger ones, a little case to keep them in, and some key rings...because why couldn't I make key ring charms for stocking stuffers??!!


I've bought enough for my nieces, but I saw these chunky notebooks with 3-D-ish butterfly covers, and couldn't resist.


Finally, I found two new rolls of wrapping paper that I loved! I know I'm trying to use up the stuff in the basement, but these were just beautiful. I can imagine a red satin ribbon with that navy and white chevron pattern. Gorgeous!


TALLY 
5 gifts for Hubby, 1 wrapped, 4 in bags
1 gift for Dad, wrapped
3 gifts for Mom, 1 wrapped, 2 in bags
2 gifts for Father-in-law, still in the bag
2 gifts for 1 brother-in-law, wrapped
3 gifts for 1 sister-in-law, wrapped
1 gift for other brother-in-law, wrapped 
5 gifts for nieces, new jump rings bought for charm necklaces. (Little problem. For the life of me I can't remember what these five gifts are. I can only remember three.)
2 gifts for sister, wrapped
1 gift for brother, wrapped
1 gift for other sister-in-law, wrapped
3 gifts for 1 son, 1 wrapped, 2 ordered
5 gifts for 1 son, wrapped
3 gifts for 1 girl, 2 wrapped, 1 still in the bag to be returned
Photo prints for scrapbook, delivered
Scrapbook - 4 pages done; new embellishments bought
Neighbors and friends - cream cheese pound cakes. Gift bags bought.
Gifts for some of the dogs in the 'hood - still in the bag
Stockings - 2 things for everyone + keyring idea

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see myself in those pink crowns - I'm sure that's what they're for!

    ReplyDelete