Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5 - UPS Deliveries and Wrapping


The packages have started arriving! The UPS man brought two today.

Between piano lessons this afternoon, I went back to Kirkland's to fetch those big zebra pillows I picked out for my nieces. Each one is slightly different, so they'll be able to know which one belongs to whom - a big deal with these girls.


This evening, I asked my dad what he wanted for Christmas, and he eventually gave me a decent answer. His gift has been ordered!

Wanna know something I love about shopping at amazon? You don't need to keep the receipts. You can return or exchange things without them by just printing out a new one from their site. The thing I don't like is that I would rather find everything at local mom and pop shops, but I'm just too busy, and amazon is just too easy.

G I F T    W R A P

Last year for Christmas in August, I had a gift wrap color scheme going on. It was lovely. I used any combination of red, white, and black. This year's theme is not about color. It's about clutter. It's called, "Use up all that wrap in the basement." 



I wrapped one big and two tiny packages today. I'll hold off on ribbon until December so things will stack nicely. Here's what the basement hearth looks like today.


That's not a fire in the background. It's a see-through fireplace, and those are lamps on a table.

In other developments, Son #2 has started compiling his list. It will be short. He's into high-dollar musical instrument items. Last year I was worried about his not having many things to open, but he said he loved it that way and wants to do the same thing this year.


TALLY 
1 gift for Dad
2 gifts for 1 brother-in-law
1 gift for other brother-in-law
3 gifts for nieces
1 gift for sister
1 gift for 1 son
Photo prints for scrapbook have been shipped
Oodles of gift bags for neighbors and friends



No comments:

Post a Comment