Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 33: It's all over!


It's August 31. Time's up! I am grateful to announce that Christmas in August was a huge success. Today's task was cleaning up the mess in our dining room which served as Christmas Central during this challenge. Much to the delight of my husband and myself, the dining room has been reclaimed. The boxes and bags of wrapped and unwrapped gifts have been ushered to hiding places under several beds, cupboards, and closets. I have no idea if I will be able to find everything when the time comes to pull it all out again, but I labeled all of the containers in large letters with my trusty black Sharpie. One boy's gifts are under the other boy's bed. Things for my hubby are under our bed. Gifts for various other loved ones, friends, and students are hidden in cupboards and closets. It should work!

If you've been following my blog, you know that I intentionally left many things unwrapped. That's because my mother's favorite Christmas pastime is wrapping our presents. She'll have her work cut out for her this year! 

Speaking of Mom, I'm heading down to South Carolina to stay with her for a few days while she recovers from the surgery she underwent earlier this week. It feels so good to have Christmas in August completely finished before taking this trip! I'm thankful, happy, and sort of excited!

Thank you for cheering me on during my journey! It has been lots of fun sharing each day's news with you.

From our sweltering North Pole, I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'll be checking in later with news of how things turned out, so stay tuned!

TALLY:
Friends & Family: 18 out of 18, CHECK!
10 Neighbors: CHECK!
45 Piano Students: CHECK!
Charitable Gifts: 5 out of 6, CHECK!
70 Amazing Christmas Cards: CHECK! 
Stockings: COMPLETELY STUFFED!
Handmade Gift: FINISHED!!
Put everything away and clean up: CHECK!


2 comments: