Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 3 - Crankee Doodle and the Secret Scrapbook



Today I spent quite a long time finishing up the edits that I needed to make on our Estrogen Week photos so that I could upload them to Snapfish and order prints. Even after I thinned out the collection, I still ended up with 284 pictures! I won't necessarily include all of these in Mom's scrapbook (one of her Christmas gifts), but there will be a whole bunch of photos to use nonetheless. It's going to take a while.

While the photos were uploading, I did a little online shopping. I took a closer look at some of the jewelry I saw yesterday at Sam's Club and did comparison shopping at a few other sites.

This week's People magazine featured several of the best new books for kids on page 67, and I ordered their absolute favorite one, Crankee Doodle, for my nieces. People didn't actually say it was their favorite one, but you know it was, because it was at the tippy-top of their list. See?


Here is a link to the actual book. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was written and illustrated by my friends, Tom Angleberger and Cece Bell! What a conincidence!

After that exciting find, I ordered an amazon gift card in a cute little box for one of my brothers-in-law (the same one that I found a tiny gift for yesterday at Marshalls). I don't think he knows about my blog, so this shouldn't spoil any surprises.

I also ordered a little something cool for my sister. She might read this, so I better not say what it is.

TALLY
2 gifts for 1 brother-in-law
1 gift for nieces
1 gift for sister
1 gift for 1 son
Photo prints for scrapbook ordered
Oodles of gift bags for neighbors and friends




No comments:

Post a Comment