Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 13: Handmade Gifts for Christmas


Just as I plan to do this year, I made an awesome ____________ for __________ last year, but I didn't finish it until after midnight on Christmas Eve! I can't let that happen again, so I'm trying to get on the ball now. I need specific supplies to make the awesome thingy, so yesterday, I hopped in the car with my son, stopped by Starbucks (goes without saying), and headed to the local store that carries the doohickies I need to make the certain something.

I brought a teacher's coupon along with me for 20% off of my total purchase, including sale and clearance items (YES!) and was stunned to find EXACTLY what I needed marked down drastically. Take a look:




Are you kidding me? This is nothing but a perfect storm of bargain stupendousness. While I was at the _______ store, I also found gift bags for my neighbor gifts in a 13-pack (Why not a 12-pack so you get the same number of each of the two colors? I don't know, and I'm not asking.) for $5.99.


After I presented my 20% off coupon at check-out, the bottom line on this purchase was so ridiculously low that I half-expected the police to show up. How do I feel about making a score of this magnitude? Allow me express it with the help of the geeky goodie I bought for myself on Day 7 (which arrived yesterday!):


Now that I have everything I need to make that awesome ___________ for _________, I must get going on ACTUALLY MAKING THE ITEM so that I can finish it by August 31 instead of December 24. I will definitely need to focus up for this...

TALLY:
11 Friends & Family: CHECK
10 Neighbors: CHECK
45 Piano Students: CHECK
4 Charitable Gifts: CHECK
Homemade item for ___: SUPPLIES SECURED!
Stockings: Just enough room saved for Santa


No comments:

Post a Comment