Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 15: Pausing to Give Thanks


I am exhausted! Not because of Christmas in August, but because of a marathon day of teaching today. Don't get me wrong...I love teaching piano (especially to the group of kids I get to work with), but 10:00 am - 5:30 pm is a long haul even for the most eager pedagogue. I confess I haven't done a single thing to advance the Christmas in August cause since yesterday. Except if you count opening the mail and finding something I ordered on Day 10.

But that's okay.

Today is the halfway point in my month-long challenge. I believe it's high time I stopped to give thanks. I am so very grateful to have loved ones for whom to shop. I'm thankful that there is money in my pocket that allows me to buy little things for people who mean the world to me. I'm grateful for a home where I can store treasures for later and a gift list that's getting checked off bit by bit. I'm so very thankful for the dream of spending this Christmas season relaxing, giving, singing, reflecting, and sharing. I thank God for sending his son Jesus and giving us a reason to celebrate on December 25 (which is probably not at all the correct date, but who cares?). I'm thankful to be halfway through this challenge!
Thank you, God, for your many blessings in my life. I am so completely humbled that you would see fit to love someone like me, and I am forever your servant. May our worldly celebrations, such as they are, bring some small measure of honor to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment