Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 30: Long Day. Very Long Day.


No, Dwight, today was longer.

Here is what 8/28/12 involved for me:

  • My mom had major surgery at 8:00 this morning. She is doing fine. I'm heading down to South Carolina for a few days to help with her recovery on Saturday.
  • I lost a piano student (temporarily, we hope) because there was no way to schedule a weekly lesson time for her this year that works. She had limited options, and I couldn't give her what she needed. What's the big deal? It's one thing to lose a student because she doesn't want to take lessons; it's another when she wants lessons but you can't find a time to teach her. The former happens all the time. The latter is rare...and sad.
  • 50 piano assignment book covers are designed and printed. Nice to have that done!
  • EIGHT HOURS of progress was made on my handmade gift project. This was exhausting, but the result is that I am now 50% through!
I have three wonderful treasures in my favor: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! I will need to use them wisely if things are to fall into place the way I hope. When I return from caring for my mother, it will be pretty much time to start the fall semester of piano lessons. THAT is the point at which Christmas preparations will become nearly impossible. 

Here is the to-do list:
  • Mail the military care package to Afghanistan
  • Finish the handmade gift. I estimate that this could take 15-19 hours
  • PUT. EVERYTHING. AWAY. No idea how I'm going to do this. :)

TALLY:
Friends & Family: 17.9 out of 18, CHECK!
10 Neighbors: CHECK!
45 Piano Students: CHECK!
Charitable Gifts: 4.9 out of 6, CHECK!
70 Amazing Christmas Cards: CHECK! 
Stockings: COMPLETELY STUFFED!
Handmade Gift: 19 hours down, 15-19 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment