Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 31: Feeling Rather Confident!

My calendar runneth over!

Breaking news from the sweltering North Pole:

  • The military care package has been shipped to Afghanistan! And do you know what? It doesn't even cost more to mail a package to military overseas than to someone in the continental United States. In fact, it is slightly less expensive because shipments to military personnel overseas are discounted. I never knew that!
  • The handmade gift project is now, drum-roll, please: 75% complete! I realized today that there is a trick to making faster progress. It's not being a perfectionist. Duh. I'm making faster headway by following one simple rule: Do not fix tiny mistakes. Leave them! They show that a human being made this thing, and the human being is a real person.
With two days remaining to complete my challenge, things are looking good. I'm not nearly as panicked today as I was a few days ago about my ability to get the handmade gift finished. Now I can focus my attention on the only two things left for me to do:
  1. Finish the handmade gift.
  2. Put everything away.
To be completely honest, there is one gift that I have not yet bought, but it's something my older son has asked for, and he wants to shop for it himself. Translation: it's not on my list anymore!

As I discussed on Day 16, there is one charitable gift for a local child that I will not be able to cross off the list until September, but money has been set aside for that. It's the best I can do until I receive the child's wish list next month.

So, here is the bottom line:

TALLY:
Friends & Family: 18 out of 18, CHECK!
10 Neighbors: CHECK!
45 Piano Students: CHECK!
Charitable Gifts: 5 out of 6, CHECK!
70 Amazing Christmas Cards: CHECK! 
Stockings: COMPLETELY STUFFED!
Handmade Gift: 26 hours down, 8-10 hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment