Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 26: The Christmas Shop and The Cotton Gin

The Christmas Shop in Manteo, North Carolina
During my last day in the Outer Banks, I went shopping at two very Christmasy shops: The Christmas Shop in Manteo, and The Cotton Gin in Nags Head. Take a look at a few of the Christmas trees that filled the many rooms of the Christmas Shop:





I selected a few ornaments to take home and a stocking stuffer for each of my three men back home.


At The Cotton Gin, there were more Christmas trees...



...and I found that there is some kind of strange fascination with mermaids and mermen down in these parts. Perhaps you can explain these:




Last shop-stop today: Something Fishy in Nags Head. I found the most spectacular something for my husband here! I even haggled a little and got 30% off of the marked price instead of the advertised 20% off. I am really excited about this one. 


TALLY:
Friends & Family: 17.2 out of 18, CHECK!
10 Neighbors: CHECK!
45 Piano Students: CHECK!
Charitable Gifts: 4.5 out of 6, CHECK!
70 Christmas Cards: CHECK!
Stockings: BETTER TODAY!
Handmade Gift: 10 hours spent so far



No comments:

Post a Comment