Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 20: Christmas Cards are DONE!

Christmas Card Preview:
The upper left-hand
corner of our card. Ha!
I suppose I should be completely honest and say that our Christmas cards are not addressed and stamped yet, but they are designed and ordered! All 70 of 'em. I decided not to make our cards by hand. I know I have a gazillion unused blank cards leftover from last year's failed attempt, but it's just so much faster to design a card by editing and uploading photos to Snapfish than to cut out little shapes and pictures to create a truly handmade card. I've already got one major crafty project going on that I "need" to finish by August 31, so it just made sense for me to abandon the handmade card idea. Besides, I'm really happy with the Snapfish card!

I'm actually starting to get pretty excited about this rather insane challenge, because (drum-roll, please) I only have TWO PEOPLE LEFT TO SHOP FOR, I MEAN, FOR WHOM TO SHOP!! This is unbelievable. I have never, ever, ever been early with my Christmas shopping in my entire life. And I'm not all that young anymore.  It really feels good to finally get ahead of the Christmas season and earn myself a ticket out of Anxiety-ville during December. I'm truly thankful for the sense of peace this is giving me.

Oh, seasonal beverages, where art y'all?

Look at this picture which is making the rounds on Facebook:


I laughed out loud at this, because it is SO me right now. I'm totally in a Christmas state of mind, and I've actually started craving pumpkin spice lattes.  A Facebook friend alleviated my angst by informing me that our locally-owned coffee shop makes pumpkin spice lattes year-round. What? No! Yes! I stopped by Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea today and tried one. Sure enough, it's really good and very similar to the Starbucks version. Later in the day, I went back and got a second one. How insane is that?!

To sum things up, I am psyched about the Christmas cards, the whittled-down gift list, and the pumpkin spice lattes. I'm disappointed that I haven't had the energy or motivation to work on my handmade gift project for two days. I really need to get in there and get at it again. And again.

TALLY:
Friends & Family: 16 out of 18, DONE!
10 Neighbors: DONE!
45 Piano Students: DONE!
Charitable Gifts: 4 1/2 out of 6: DONE!
70 Christmas Cards: DONE!!!!! (Take that, Me from last year!)
Stockings: NICE!
Handmade Gift: Umm, lagging behind. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment